About the Database Administrator position
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to perform all day-to-day product administration activities within the Rubicon Product team and ensure that all internal product data requirements are correctly serviced. The position is also responsible for general product-related admin.
Core duties, responsibilities, and accountabilities of the role:
- Support Rubicon’s overall sales environment in day-to-day operations, updates, and maintenance of product data.
- Clean legacy data with various Excel or other tools
- Work with Technical Product Leads and other Management to update, enhance or maintain the product data management environment, which requires an understanding of product data management technologies.
- Interface between Product, Sales, and Marketing regarding the quotes and tender applications to retrieve and consolidate all required documentation
- Assist migration of data from legacy ERP / other systems into new environments, including cleaning and preparing data using Excel or other tools.
- Process and publish new products to the ERP (NetSuite)
- Research, request, review, and data entry of information necessary to set up new products
- Regularly review information database for accuracy and completeness.
- Participate in the review team for electronic information catalogues.
- Assist in monitoring consistency of product data.
- Assist with admin related to Research and Development in new product
Minimum qualifications, criteria, and experience:
- Matric/NQF4 equivalent certificate with Maths
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Advance competence in Excel – ability to work with formulas, macros and pivot tables etc.
- 2 years+ data and/or business admin experience
- Qualifications in relevant data manipulation tools or programming languages such as Python.
- Excellent Professional business written and verbal communications
skills. The ability to express yourself clearly, accurately and effectively within
- Technical and/or commercial knowledge of the sectors in which Rubicon services in South Africa would be an advantage.
- An ability to traverse various workspaces easily with comfort in the world of administration
Key personal attributes:
- Computer literacy – highly Computer literate and comfortable with basic technical aspects of common operating systems with Microsoft Office general excellence.
- An ability to provide excellent customer service – Service focus by responding to Internal customers’ needs by doing it right the first time.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills. Disciplined Approach by being Punctual, Strong Attendance Record, getting back to customers, suppliers, and internal staff, and returning calls.
- Attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
- An ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests
- A creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
- Self-motivated – Meet and exceed all that is required of you in your job.
About the Rubicon Group:
Rubicon Group is a young, dynamic, and high-growth company operating in exciting markets. We are looking for smart, hard-working people with integrity to join us. One of our goals is to continually improve our business, and to that end, we are seeking people who enjoy a challenge, are keen to learn, take ownership, think critically, and provide new solutions on where we can improve. We offer a great work environment, market-related remuneration packages, and an opportunity to develop personally and within a team.
Rubicon Group is dedicated to advancing transformative technologies in emerging markets.
Our focus areas are sustainable technology, encompassing renewable energy and storage, e-mobility, intelligent lighting, and building management as well as industrial technology, comprising advanced factory automation, connectivity, and robotics.
Rubicon Group’s head office is in Cape Town, South Africa, and the group operates across South Africa and in select African and European markets, employing nearly 500 staff. For more information visit
Cape Town, Western Cape
Tue, 28 Sep 2021 22:01:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!